Last Night’s Scores (Top 25):
Penn State: 60 vs. Indiana: 68
Performance of the Game: L. Stevens (29 pts, 6 rebs)
St. Johns: 65 vs. Seton Hall: 81
Performance of the Game: M. Powell (18 pts, 5 rebs)
Maryland: 72 vs. Ohio State: 79
Performance of the Game: L. Muhammad (22 pts, 5 rebs)
Butler: 59 vs. Creighton: 81
Performance of the Game: M. Zegarowski (25 pts)
Latest News in the NCAAM:
- San Diego State lost their first game of the season two days ago.
- Multiple of the projected 1 seeds in March Madness lost two days ago, including Baylor, San Diego State, and Gonzaga.
Opinion of the Day:
With the majority of the previously projected 1 seeds losing just a couple days ago, the March Madness bracket is mostly up for grabs. While it feels like the entire bracket is uncertain, here are my picks for all of the 1st seeds in March.
- Kansas Jayhawks: With their huge win against Baylor on Saturday, the Jayhawks have established that they have the potential to take down any team in the country. As long as they can finish the season with four more wins against sub-par opponents, they can easily grab the best seed in March.
- Baylor Bears: Baylor has looked solid on both sides of the ball all season. While they don’t have any stand-out players on their roster, their 23 game win streak cannot be ignored. Obviously they will not be ranked above the Jayhawks, given that they just lost to them, but there is still an argument to be made that they are the best team in college basketball.
- Gonzaga Bulldogs: Once again, another team that had a tough loss on Saturday but has played excellently throughout the season. The epitome of team basketball, Gonzaga has had great success but never seems to put the pieces together in March. Maybe this year will be different…
- Duke Blue Devils: With San Diego State finally receiving their first loss, I believe that they will no longer be a 1 seed in the bracket. Their competition has been too weak for them to receive a top seed. However, while the Devils have had some terrible losses, including just a couple days ago, I believe they can sneak in with some quality wins to end the season.
Damon is the CEO and Founder of At the Buzzer. He is a student at the College Preparatory School. Damon has been a sports writer for over one year. He is a NBA, NFL, and NCAAM analyst, fan, and writer.
At The Buzzer, or ATB is the place for those who love sports, life, family, community, and so much more. We are far from the run-of-the-mill 24/7 sports news websites. We not only bring you what’s happening in the world of sports in terms of trades and breaking news, but we also bring you the news that goes on behind the scenes, like big life moments, and so much more. So take a minute and read one of our articles, we promise you won't regret it.