Antron Pippen, Scottie Pippen‘s firstborn son, is being remembered by his father and so many people as Scottie and his family goes through the grieving process of this tragedy.
“I’m heartbroken to share that yesterday, I said goodbye to my firstborn son Antron,” Scottie Pippen said in an Instagram post four days ago. “The two of us shared a love for basketball and we had countless conversations about the game. Antron suffered from chronic asthma and if he hadn’t had it, I truly believe he would’ve made it to the NBA. He never let that get him down, though—Antron stayed positive and worked hard, and I am so proud of the man that he became. Please keep his mom, Karen, and all of his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. A kind heart and beautiful soul gone way too soon. I love you, son, rest easy until we meet again. 🙏🏾”Scottie Pippen
The Chicago Bulls “held a moment of silence before (the) game vs. (the) Hornets in honor of Antron Pippen” according to NBC Sports Chicago’s Rob Schaefer.
Scottie appreciated the gesture from the Bulls and also wanted to thank everyone who has reached out to him.
Antron’s family is being prayed for by many and his life is being remembered:
- “💯🖤🙏🏾🥺😢 one of my dearest bestfriend i had in highschool always laughed played and battle on the court together,” @grindtyme74 commented on Scottie’s Instagram post. “Never hyped himself off his dad celebrity status. Most ppl didn’t even know or believe he was your son at 1st… I remember when I got to finally meet you in person at Portland vs Hawks game @scottiepippen !! Now that picture is a great memory not just of you but him also 😢 … @antronpippen was a strong warrior my dog.my boy forever 🖤🖤🥺😢😢 I’ll just keep praying for yall cuz I’m hurting inside”.
- “Antron was such a special guy and I am honored that I got to know him,” Loren Ridinger commented on Scottie’s Instagram post. “I know he was loved and I am praying for your whole family Scottie. And karen of course. We love you and if there is anything we can do. JUST say it. We love you so much. Prayers for all”.
- “The toughest person I ever hopped against in Lawrenceville,” @sway_papi_ commented. “Your son was a GOAT 🐐 on that court. Sorry for your loss 🙏🏾😔💔”.
- “💔💔 we missing you already bro #southside🔥🔥 for life,” @ma__riyo said. “We’ll forever hold u down #Pip watch over us 🕊🕊🕊”.
- “So sorry for your loss! I had the pleasure of Coaching Antron in College he was a gifted player but an even better human being!” @stephonleary commented. “Rest In Heavenly Peace My Friend! Love You Always Coach ❤️🙏🏾😢”.
- “Wow Sorry for loss we played countless times out here in Atlanta together u right we couldn’t never stop him scoring and he would lock every up on D 🙏🏾,” @lifeislucrative said.
- “My guy @antronpippen I miss u,” @kingsmoove24. “I’m sorry for your loss @scottiepippen”.
- “Ahhh man my boy, Antron was such a great guy and basketball player 🙏🏽💔😢,” @thelastmj said. “So sorry for you loss.”
- “Sorry to hear this 🙏 me and your son played AAU in Atlanta and he was nice !” @pd1486 commented.
Prayers up to the family, friends, and loved ones of Antron as they go through the grieving process, along with reflecting and celebrating the life of their beloved Antron.
Charlie Lapastora is a sports/news multimedia journalist who’s reported, written, produced, anchored, shot video/edited on different NBC, ABC, and FOX shows in multiple TV markets, along with digital & new media companies. Charlie has traveled the country telling national sports, news, feature, and original stories on a cable news network, airing on top 10 TV markets, satellite radio, and digital platforms. He is passionate about his faith, family—being a husband to whom he calls the G.O.A.T. of women—about reppin’ his home state of Michigan and Detroit teams (yes, including the Lions), good coffee, and loves how sports brings people together. He’s traveled the world leading and coaching sports camps and has also worked at the Detroit Pistons and LA Clippers’ NBA teams.
At The Buzzer, or ATB is the place for those who love sports, life, family, community, and so much more. We are far from the run-of-the-mill 24/7 sports news websites. We not only bring you what’s happening in the world of sports in terms of trades and breaking news, but we also bring you the news that goes on behind the scenes, like big life moments, and so much more. So take a minute and read one of our articles, we promise you won't regret it.