After signing a 10-year, $375 million deal to work as an analyst with Fox News, some are speculating Tom Brady will not actually be seen in the broadcasting booth come 2024…
In May 2022, after the quarterback said he would be returning to the Bucks for his 23rd season in the NFL, Fox Sports announced that Brady would eventually be joining their team as a lead color commentator after he plans to retire.
With plans to pay him $375 million over the span of 10 years, he is expected to be the highest-paid commentator in history. But, when exactly would Brady’s playing career come to a close? According to the athlete, he’s done for good.
At the end of the 2022-2023 football season, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback announced his time in the NFL was coming to a close for a second time. “Good morning guys, I’ll get to the point right away. I’m retiring, for good,” he said in a video posted on Instagram in February. “You only get one super emotional retirement essay and I used mine up last year, so really thank you guys so much to every single one of you for supporting me, my family, my friends, my teammates, my competitors.”
With this being said, the legendary NFL figure said that he doesn’t plan on joining the broadcasting team until the fall of 2024. Following his official retirement announcement, Brady said he is prioritizing catching up on “other parts of my life that need some time and energy” over the course of 2023 so that he can give his new job unyielding attention.
One thing about my career, whether that was when I was drafted by the Patriots or signed in free agency with the Bucs, I wanted to be fully committed,” he explained. “I never wanted to let people down — I think my biggest motivator was that.”
Tom Brady responds to rumors regarding future Fox Sports broadcasting job
Despite all these proclamations, sports media insider Andrew Marchand revealed in a story published by Sports Illustrated that the chances of the QB actually working for Fox are questionable. “I’ve talked to a couple of people recently close to Brady and I kind of feel like I’m going more 49% chance he does it, 51% chance he doesn’t,” said Marchand. “I don’t think he wants to travel that much…”
RELATED: NFL Suspends 5 Players, Including a First-Round Pick, For Violating League’s Gambling Policy
After this news began speculating, it wasn’t long before the future Hall of Fame quarterback set the record straight. In response to Sports Illustrated saying he may “re-consider his options” on Instagram, the retired quarterback left a simple comment to clear up any confusion.
“FakeNews,” Brady wrote.
At The Buzzer, or ATB is the place for those who love sports, life, family, community, and so much more. We are far from the run-of-the-mill 24/7 sports news websites. We not only bring you what’s happening in the world of sports in terms of trades and breaking news, but we also bring you the news that goes on behind the scenes, like big life moments, and so much more. So take a minute and read one of our articles, we promise you won't regret it.