The NBA announced that the 2020 Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame presenters, including who would present Kobe Bryant‘s enshrinement into the Hall of Fame. The NBA stated: “The late Kobe Bryant will be presented by Hall of Famer Michael Jordan at the upcoming ceremony in May”.
RELATED: LeBron James Pays Tribute To Kobe Bryant Wearing Special Shirt To Lakers Training Camp
According to the NBA: “Members of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2020 were asked to select previous inductees to accompany and present them to their peers. The choice is solely the decision of the incoming Hall of Famers, or their family members if recognized posthumously”.
That means the Bryant family must’ve chosen MJ, whom is right up there with Kobe as easily two of the best to have ever played the game, to have the honor of presenting Kobe into the Hall of Fame.
It’s evident their relationship, their friendship, their brotherhood was so much deeper than just basketball.
This is sure to be a touching, moving day as the basketball world comes together to honor Kobe Bryant. Not only his outstanding basketball accomplishments but the life he lived as a man, a husband, a father, a family man.
The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2020 Enshrinement will take place from May 13-15 per the Basketball Hall of Fame with the Enshrinement Ceremony set on May 15 per the NBA.
The 2020 Hall of Fame Inductees and Presenters (per the NBA):
- “Patrick Baumann, presented by Russ Granik (’13), Vlade Divac (’19)
- Kobe Bryant, presented by Michael Jordan (’09)
- Tamika Catchings, presented by Alonzo Mourning (’14), Dawn Staley (’13)
- Tim Duncan, presented by David Robinson (’09)
- Kevin Garnett, presented by Isiah Thomas (’00)
- Kim Mulkey, presented by Michael Jordan (’09)
- Barbara Stevens, presented by Geno Auriemma (’06), Muffet McGraw (’17)
- Eddie Sutton, presented by John Calipari (’15), Bill Self (’17), Sidney Moncrief (’19)
- Rudy Tomjanovich, presented by Calvin Murphy (’93), Hakeem Olajuwon (’08)”
At The Buzzer, or ATB is the place for those who love sports, life, family, community, and so much more. We are far from the run-of-the-mill 24/7 sports news websites. We not only bring you what’s happening in the world of sports in terms of trades and breaking news, but we also bring you the news that goes on behind the scenes, like big life moments, and so much more. So take a minute and read one of our articles, we promise you won't regret it.