Neymar Jr. Comments On Report Saying 'Nike...Neymar Split Ways Last Year After' After Investigation Into Sexual Assault Allegation From Nike Employee

Neymar Jr. Comments On Report Saying ‘Nike…Neymar Split Ways Last Year After’ After Investigation Into Sexual Assault Allegation From Nike Employee

Neymar Jr. is facing a reported sexual assault allegation against him brought to light by the Wall Street Journal recently.

RELATED: Brazilian Soccer Star Neymar Jr. Pulls Classic Soccer Drill Prank on Son and It’s Hilarious

On May 8, Neymar Jr. signed a contract extension with the club he plays on, Paris Saint-Germain as he stated per the team’s website, “I’m very happy, very happy to be extending my contract with Paris until 2025.”

Then, 19 days after the contract extension, news from the Wall Street Journal broke reportedly involving Neymar Jr.

In a Wall Street Journal‘s Khadeeja Safdar exclusive piece, Safdar reported that “Nike Inc. and soccer superstar Neymar split ways last year after the company started investigating an allegation by a Nike employee that the Brazilian athlete had sexually assaulted her, according to people familiar with the matter and documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.”

NR Sports, “a company specialized in image management with exclusive performance in the career of Neymar Jr”, commented saying the fútbol star denied such allegations.

“Neymar Jr denies these allegations. Similar to the sexual assault allegations made against him in 2019 — allegations which the Brazilian authorities found Neymar Jr. innocent —these allegations are false. Neymar Jr. will vigorously defend himself against these baseless attacks in case any claim is presented, which did not happen so far.”

NR Sports statement mentioning ‘transcribe(d) information provided for the Wall Street Jo(u)rnal report’

The Wall Street Journal further reported what the allegation was. According to the Wall Street Journal, in August 2020, Nike ended it’s endorsement deal with the athlete early, but didn’t give an explanation as to why.

Neymar was set to work with Nike for another eight years. However, it was then reported that a Nike employee had begun to open up about a reported run in she had with Neymar in 2016.

“The Nike employee had told friends as well as Nike colleagues in 2016 that Neymar tried to force her to perform oral sex in his hotel room while in New York City where she was helping to coordinate events and logistics for Neymar and his entourage, according to the people, including former and current Nike employees, and the documents.”

The Wall Street Journal

Neymar Jr. responded to these allegations in an Instagram post.

Neymar Jr. in that post said, in part:

.

“(F)acts can be distorted because people see them from different angles. We cannot deny that life is like that. It’s part of it! I even understand when someone criticizes my conduct, my way of playing and living life. We are different! I really don’t understand how a serious company can distort a business relationship that is supported by documents…I was not given the opportunity to defend myself. I was not given the opportunity to know who this person was who was offended. I don’t even know her. I’ve never had a relationship. I didn’t even have a chance to talk, to know the real reasons for (her) pain. That person, an employee, was not protected. I, a sponsored athlete, was not protected...”

Neymar, Jr.

No further fallout from these allegation has been reported.

About At The Buzzer

At The Buzzer, or ATB is the place for those who love sports, life, family, community, and so much more. We are far from the run-of-the-mill 24/7 sports news websites. We not only bring you what’s happening in the world of sports in terms of trades and breaking news, but we also bring you the news that goes on behind the scenes, like big life moments, and so much more. So take a minute and read one of our articles, we promise you won't regret it.

%d bloggers like this: