The typical wingman will always have your back no matter what. He’ll make sure to make you look good in front of the woman you are trying to impress and not try to step on anyone’s toes but to let you do your thing in making the first move to pursue that woman (just make sure when you pursue her, treat her with utmost respect, dignity, and cherish her, man! Don’t play with her emotions but show your intentions from the jump).
Well, in this case, at least one guy had his buddy’s back at an Arizona Diamondbacks game. And Twitter was here for it, with many people calling this dude exactly that, a “wingman”.
YouTube gamer and (per his Twitch channel) “(f)ormer college athlete (who) played 2 years of professional FIFA for the Colorado Rapids”, @BuckArmy, sent this tweet to the D’Backs:
Then, the rest was history.
After tweets back and forth trying to find this guy’s roommate, the @Dbacks twitter and even the D’Backs broadcast Twitter @BallySportsAZ teamed up seemingly to make sure they were able to spot the roommate. The roommate, after a series of tweets, was eventually found with his date.
Here’s some of the tweets in the thread:
- @Dbacks: “What’s he wearing? Now we’re curious…”
- @BuckArmy: “He’s wearing a red Dbacks spring training shirt and I think the girl is wearing green.. I really hope he didn’t lie about his seats”
- @Dbacks: “Hate to break it to you, but we can’t find your friend…”
- @BuckArmy: “Can we try M section F? Red shirt with a girl wearing green”
- The @Dbacks tweeted a GIF as the GIF said ‘Ladies and gentlemen, we got him’
- @Dbacks: “Body language looks good – they seem comfortable. They just laughed too. Stay tuned for more…”
- @BuckArmy: “I love you guys…”
- @BallySportsAZ: “We’re invested in this now. Keep the updates coming.”
- The @Dbacks tweeted a picture of them on the jumbotron saying: “You’re welcome”
- @BuckArmy: “I love you guys…”
- @Dbacks: “Honestly this has been super enjoyable for us too, so thank you.”
- @BuckArmy: “Hahaha of course! Thank you guys!”
- @Dbacks: “7th inning update: They seem to be having a great time, which we’re absolutely taking credit for. We’re debating on saying hi. Thoughts?”
- @Dbacks: “We got them a couple of game-used baseballs to remember the occasion.”
Some game-used balls and a night to remember, indeed. That’s exactly what @BuckArmy did as he recapped this memorable night.
Charlie Lapastora is a sports/news multimedia journalist who’s reported, written, produced, anchored, shot video/edited on different NBC, ABC, and FOX shows in multiple TV markets, along with digital & new media companies. Charlie has traveled the country telling national sports, news, feature, and original stories on a cable news network, airing on top 10 TV markets, satellite radio, and digital platforms. He is passionate about his faith, family—being a husband to whom he calls the G.O.A.T. of women—about reppin’ his home state of Michigan and Detroit teams (yes, including the Lions), good coffee, and loves how sports brings people together. He’s traveled the world leading and coaching sports camps and has also worked at the Detroit Pistons and LA Clippers’ NBA teams.
At The Buzzer, or ATB is the place for those who love sports, life, family, community, and so much more. We are far from the run-of-the-mill 24/7 sports news websites. We not only bring you what’s happening in the world of sports in terms of trades and breaking news, but we also bring you the news that goes on behind the scenes, like big life moments, and so much more. So take a minute and read one of our articles, we promise you won't regret it.