Like Mother, Like Daughter? Serena Williams Practicing Tennis On A Court With Daughter Olympia
Twenty-three time Grand Slam winner Serena WilliamS took the court to get some practice swings in but this time, she had a partner with her.
It wasn’t Venus Williams, her usual doubles partner, this time.
It was her daughter, Olympia, practicing alongside her mom. Willams posted a video with her and her daughter side-by-side on the court.
People were all for this:
- “Momma & Baby GOAT…” @myster_bo commented.
- “She got great form,” @harassmentslayer said. “Not at (all) afraid of the ball. I love that you do this with her- pour into her sis. You are raising a champion.”
- “Best doubles duo since you and Venus!” @rianicole23 commented.
- “If this isn’t the absolutely cuteness thing ever…” @notahairstyle1920 said.
- “Future Wimbledon Champion!” @pillarandstone commented.
- “I bet she can beat me already!” @mamarhon said.
- “(Y’all) better get ready,” @sharonjm commented. “She’s just warming up…”
Along with Olympia getting some practice tennis swings in, there was an adorable moment where she asked if her mom needed “one more” tennis ball so her mom could keep practicing.
Serena gladly accepted the tennis ball from her daughter and recognizing how organized the tennis balls were on the side of the court where her daughter was as she said: “You organized over there?”
The mother-daughter duo both seemed to be organized and in sync as they practice together and it looks like Olympia is already as detirmned as her mom to succeed as she wanted to keep on practicing:
“It’s my turn!” Olympia said taking practicing swings next to her mom.
You never know, down the road, it may be her turn to carry on the Williams’ tennis legacy as her own Olympian. But, wherever she ends up in her career and in life, I’m sure she’ll be great at it, bringing that winning mentality to whatever she does because, well, it’s in her DNA.
At The Buzzer, or ATB is the place for those who love sports, life, family, community, and so much more. We are far from the run-of-the-mill 24/7 sports news websites. We not only bring you what’s happening in the world of sports in terms of trades and breaking news, but we also bring you the news that goes on behind the scenes, like big life moments, and so much more. So take a minute and read one of our articles, we promise you won't regret it.