Shawn Johnson East is one of the best gymnasts to ever don the red, white, and blue, representing the USA in gymnastics. Johnson East has Olympic silver medals in women’s team, women’s individual all-around, and women’s floor exercise.
Johnson East also has a gold medal in the women’s balance beam (from the 2008 Olympic Games).
RELATED: Breakdancing Becomes Official Olympics Sport, Competition To Start In Paris 2024 Olympic Games
Could her daughter be taking after her in the event her mom won a gold medal in? Quite possibly!
The Olympic gold medalist recently posted a video of “babies first time on a balance beam”:
“(S)he went straight for the foam pit 😂. @drewhazeleast @andrewdeast @thefamilyeast #babies #parenting #gymnastics #gymnast,” Johnson East said in the post.
The comment section was here for all of this:
“Beam queen anyone????!” @itsannaec commented on Johnson East’s post.
- “Ohhhh mannn! Carrying on momma legacy?!” kelseylowrance commented.
- “A little Shawn n the making Awesome 👍🏼💗,” @love_1_oma_ commented.
- “Can we just talk about how easily Shawn got up on that beam🙄😂,” @akrwmama commented.
- “My favorite part is that you walk heel to toe in perfect balance! Love yall,” @princesspants05 said.
- “She’s a natural!!❤️” @alwaysbqueen said.
- “It’s in her genes ❤️,” @tiredoutmom_ said.
Whether or not Johnson East’s child follows in her footsteps, we’re sure it’ll be Gold medal-worthy in whatever endeavor she ends up in!
At The Buzzer, or ATB is the place for those who love sports, life, family, community, and so much more. We are far from the run-of-the-mill 24/7 sports news websites. We not only bring you what’s happening in the world of sports in terms of trades and breaking news, but we also bring you the news that goes on behind the scenes, like big life moments, and so much more. So take a minute and read one of our articles, we promise you won't regret it.