Tom Brady Shares the ‘Lessons’ He Learned After Losing ‘The Match’ to Tiger Wood and Peyton Manning
On May 23, Tom Brady and Phil Mickelson took to the green to take on Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning in ‘The Match’. The charity golf match was created to raise funds for COVID-19 relief efforts.
In the end, the sports legends raised 20 million dollars and Woods and Manning came out victorious against Brady and Mickelson. Now, the Buccaneers quarterback is sharing the lessons he learned from the charitable event.
On Instagram, Brady began by saying he “learned a few lessons from this past weekend’s golf tournament with Phil, Tiger, and Peyton. After revealing he “had a lot of fun and grateful to be part of an event that raised a lot of money for COVID relief,” the dad of three listed the nine lessons he learned that day.
1. Amazing what happens when groups of people come together for the common good.
2. Peyton is still as clutch as ever.
3. I did not escape the inclement weather…heavy stuff…ALL DAY.
4. I shouldn’t wear the same pants to golf that I wear to church.
5. As great as Phil Mickelson is as a golfer, he is a better man, coach, and teammate and potentially has the best calves on the PGA Tour.
6. I really enjoy golf. At halftime of football games we get checked for concussions, in golf, you get refreshments.
7. It was nice to be the young guy again.
8. Tiger Woods was a great host and champion, and I was especially thankful he missed that putt on the 7th hole…had he made it, I would have just went home.
9. I’m sticking to my day job.
His partner, Mickelson, along with a slew of other prominent people commented on the post. The golf great wrote, “Loved being your partner and I’m so appreciative of all you do to help others.” While his wife, Gisele, added, “Hahahaha great lessons learned. Te Amo.”
For someone who doesn’t lose a lot, Brady sure is graceful at it. At least when it comes to golf.
At The Buzzer, or ATB is the place for those who love sports, life, family, community, and so much more. We are far from the run-of-the-mill 24/7 sports news websites. We not only bring you what’s happening in the world of sports in terms of trades and breaking news, but we also bring you the news that goes on behind the scenes, like big life moments, and so much more. So take a minute and read one of our articles, we promise you won't regret it.